Friday, March 23, 2012

Milestone.

It was a beautiful, sunny day last March 16, 2012. And it was Uno's special milestone day. He was graduating and doing the "Speech". I was giddy with happiness and at the same time, I had butterflies in my stomach. Uno and I practiced his Graduation Speech day by day for a week because he had to memorize it. And as usual, he was such a cooperative boy and he was able to memorize four short paragraphs in a day :)!

Uno had special guests that day. We were so happy that his Lolo and Lola were able to join us. Uno was so excited to see his Lola and Lola there!


We had a Thanksgiving Mass first. After the mass, the children were given their diploma and a very precious medal bearing the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus that the Sisters got from Rome. It was a very simple ceremony, but nevertheless beautiful and emotional.


Then finally, Uno had to do his speech! My heart was pounding so hard! But I was beaming too while I was listening to him :). I was so proud and happy for him to be given the opportunity to speak and share. And yes, he did everything so perfectly! 


Dear little son, we are so proud of you and we love you so much! We are delighted to know that our joy so far is just the tip of the iceberg. It is a blessing for your Papa and me to bear witness to your unfolding destiny. Through it all, we will be here, holding your hand, guiding you toward the door to adventure and big dreams. Fly high, our dearest boy!



1 comment:

  1. Love you, Uno! We are so proud of you and wish we were there. Have fun for the summer!
    Uncle Toto, Auntie Joy, Ate SanSan, Kuya Kris and Ate Yanna

    ReplyDelete