Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Full Circle.

Days have been quite full this week. But I say that it is a good busy one. Uno and I have been busy too, practicing his lines for their school's final Musical Play before the school year ends. He is such a good boy not giving me a hard time at all whenever I call him to practice. He is the Narrator, you see, and so I told him that it is a very special part because he plays the storyteller and will be the one unfolding the plots of the story to the audience :).




I have been feeling both very happy and sad at the same time too these past days when March started to roll in. Bittersweet emotions, I shall say. It is because Uno is reaching another Milestone in his life. He is graduating from his present school, Santa Rafaela Maria School, and moving on to the Ateneo. I am so happy and excited for him. For the new friends he will have, for the friendships he will still be able to keep (most of his boy classmates will also be going to Ateneo), more challenges, more memories, the start of something new. It will be a new second home for him, and oh yes, I pray hard everyday that this school will be able to help my hubby and me nurture him, make him grow and bloom to be the person that God has meant him to be :). And yet, I am sad too. Because time does fly and he is growing up so fast.

I am so proud of the person that he has become right now. My heart is overflowing and I am so thankful everyday to the Lord to have blessed me with this sweet little boy of mine. To top it all off, like icing on the cake, this morning as I was kissing him goodbye before he goes inside his classroom, the Principal of his school called me and said that she and Uno's teacher wanted to speak with me. I was really wondering why and my heart was pounding. And then, what they told me made my heart swell so big it wanted to burst :)! They told me that they have chosen Uno to give the Graduation Speech for the graduating class :)! Oh I feel that it is such an honor for Uno and for us, his parents. I had to stop my tears from falling, and before I ran to the school's chapel to pray, I had to call my hubby. I woke him up to tell him the news because I feel that it is one of the best gifts Uno can give his Papa who works so hard for him and who tries his very best to give him anything (as long as he can afford it), and who loves him so unconditionally. 



He has grown so beautifully and I cannot ask for anything more. Every single day, when I look at him, I am reminded of how blessed I am.




And to our dearest little boy, you bring us so much joy. Thank you for everything that you are. We are so proud of you. We love you very, very, very much.






No comments:

Post a Comment