Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ang Bagong Harana.

Last Saturday, my hubby and I watched a musical show by Philippine Opera Company titled "Ang Bagong Harana". We were invited to watch by Karla Gutierrez who is my hubby's childhood friend from the village they grew up in so he could not say NO:). Weeks before the show, my hubby made a comment that he might not enjoy the show because as he says "wala naman kasi sa personality ko manood ng mga ganyan" :). But oh my, we both were taken aback: IT.WAS.BEAUTIFUL. Not only for the senses, because the singers were excellent and the costumes were very, very beautiful but also for the soul because it was inspiring. It triggered in us emotions of how simple and happy our childhood was without the ipads, the psp's, the computers and it revived the history of how our country came to be and made us proud to be a Filipino once again. I wish all grade school, high school and college students had the chance to catch it or maybe if they show it again, they would offer it to schools. I tell you, it is very well worth your time, your money and most importantly, your soul. 

This is the cast of "Harana".



The costumes were very beautiful. They showed the different costumes of the different parts and the different periods of the Philippines.



Thank you Karla for inviting us.



















No comments:

Post a Comment