Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wish you were here.

I started this blog for Uno. So that when he is already old enough to read and use the computer, he can go over this special modern diary, so called a blog. In my time, we never heard of a blog. We used pretty notebooks that had little padlocks and keys as diaries - where you can write special memories, pour your heart out and paste pictures on :). I would love him to have his own handwritten diary but adjust to the times I will :). 

A very special memory that I would want him to always go back to and keep in his heart forever are his COUSINS. He has six from his Papa's side of the family and five from my side. Growing up, my cousins were a special part of my life and I always get a fuzzy and warm feeling whenever I remember the fun and even the "not-so-fun" times I had with them. And  I really want him to experience that too. 

From my side, two of them stay in Dumaguete, that would be Micolle and Kelly. He is very close to them both since we always spend vacations there. The other three, namely San-san,  Kris and Yanna, live abroad. And last July, they came home to the Philippines and it was Uno's first time to meet them. And it was very special for him. No introductions needed, no warming up needed :). The minute Uno met them, it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. 

Hello Kelly, Micolle, San-san, Kris and Yanna! We miss you all! 

Oh how the cousins made up for lost time! They played, they run, they shouted, they TEKKENed and SIMed (their faveorite PS2 games), had DVD marathons, played at Nanay's, went malling, swim, swim, swim and swim!

Goofing around at Robinson's Dumaguete :).

Swimming at Lola Meding's beach house in Bacong . . . in the pool, at the beach, back again to the pool, then to the beach again, and so on, until the sun went down on us.

Out on the sea to meet the dolphins!

Swimming at the sand bar!



We had so much fun and too many pictures that can't fit in this diary of mama's :). But not to worry because I am sure that no pictures are needed to document this very special time when everything just fell into place, when the sea was perfect, when the sun shone ever so brightly, when all the rainbows came out. Yes, it was a magical time for Uno to wake up and run to his cousins' rooms every single day and it was magic too for my family because we were COMPLETE and we were all so happy to be HOME.  Wish you were here San-san, Kris, Micolle, Yanna and Kelly! We miss you so much and we love you very, very, very much! Looking forward to the magic to happen again very soon . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment